Top Questions for Injured Workers

Q. I was hurt at work, what do I do now? A. Report the injury to your supervisor immediately.  Document the injury. If you were not given a claim form, contact human resources for one.   Go to the doctor and don’t try to “tough it out.”  You should be referred to a physician or clinic for treatment for...

A Confidential Word to the Unrepresented Injured Worker

Psst, you – hey you, c’mere. (glancing around furtively) I got a secret to share with you: This system stinks. Get out while you still can…… Every injured worker will make more money working than being on worker’s compensation. 

Medical treatment being denied – even under a prior WC award? Here’s why…..

Were you awarded medical care “for life” as a result of a stipulated award from your work injury? And now, years after the settlement, your medical treatment is being denied? Do you have an open work injury claim and the doctors tell you everything they request is being denied?

Temporary Disability, EDD Liens, and the 2 Year Cap

For injuries occurring between April 19, 2004 and Jan. 1, 2008, California Labor Code Section 4656 (c)(1) states that temporary disability payments “shall not extend for more than 104 compensable weeks within a period of two years from the date of commencement of temporary disability payment.”